- Taylor and Murphy Energy is proud to offer Bioheat Plus® (20% RENEWABLE) home heating fuel.
- Our Bioheat Plus® cleans and protects fuel system
- Burns cleaner, so your system lasts longer
- Cost-efficient and eco-friendly choice
What is Biodiesel?
- A domestic, sustainable, renewable fuel for blending into diesel and heating oil made from feedstocks such as soybean oil and used cooking oil
- EPA designates biodiesel as a high-quality Advanced Biofuel, because it helps reduce GHG emissions between 57% -86%
- Made through a chemical reaction called transesterification, feedstocks are manufactured into an ASTM fuel: raw vegetable oil, recycled cooking oil alone are not Biodiesel
- No equipment modifications.
- Enhances and extends equipment life. Biodiesel is a natural solvent, so helps clean your system.
- Reduces periodic maintenance intervals.
- No change in service protocols
- Available today! Bioheat® is a drop-in, renewable solution using existing infrastructure.
Quick Sustainable Facts:
- Biodiesel can be blended as a gallon-for-gallon replacement for heating oil
- 20% Biodiesel use eliminates 200 million gallons of heating oil and reduces 1.76 metric tons of carbon*
- 50% Biodiesel use eliminates 500 million gallons of heating oil and reduces 4.29 metric tons of carbon*
- Full Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)** • 20-year LCA –Biodiesel blended heating oil burns cleaner than natural gas at 7% • 100-year LCA –Biodiesel blended heating oil burns cleaner than natural gas at 18%
* Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator, https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhousegas-equivalencies-calculator